Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing 7 Cool tools from Google

I knew Google was powerful and had lots of tools, but I had never taken the time to really explore them. My school has used Google Earth extensively and our students love it! I love maps and geography. I think one of the best things this tool does is show kids how a map really works. Since it is "real" imaging, they "get" it.
I created a calendar. I love being able to access it from anywhere.
I uploaded a power point presentation file to Google docs and will share it with my new library partner so that we can edit it for use with the students when school begins again in the Fall. I am not ready to publish it until we have revised it. I can see students working together online to prepare their presentations.
Google notebook will be an easy way to organize research and save it all together. A long way from the old notecards!

No comments: