Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #16: Wikis

Wiki, wiki, wiki! It sounds like the call of some exotic bird! I am so excited about the possibilities of wikis. Our third graders will be doing History Fair research for the fist time this year and I propose to have them work in groups using wikis to share and publish their information. I believe this will enhance their experience, plus having this "public" will encourage them to do better work! (I can dream can't I?)
I posted the required comment in the SBISD sandbox wiki and loved the Common Craft video on Wikis in Plain English. This was so clear and helpful.
I also plan to create a wiki for our subgroup of librarians in HISD so that we can meet, plan and converse outside of our 2 face to face meetings (that's all the principals will allow us)!

No comments: